Communication with authorities and other organisations
Project goal purpose
- To establish and maintain proper communication channels to allow effective transfer of information between the DSA, respective government departments and industry-related organisations.
- To maintain and strengthen relationships, public-private partnerships and memorandums of understanding to assist with the achievement of the primary objectives of the DSA.
- To file official complaints regarding offenders with the respective government departments based on information obtained from Projects 1, 2 and 5.
- To interact and engage with the relevant official/s from the respective government departments to assist in problem-solving.
- To interact and disseminate information to the organised dairy industry regarding industry-related matters.
Project goal description
In terms of its project planning and execution, it is necessary for the DSA to liaise and communicate with the various government departments as well as other organisations as stakeholders of the dairy industry.
These amongst others include:
- Assistance to the relevant regulatory bodies with the identification of offenders of the legal standards in respect of milk and other dairy products.
- DSA facilitation of remedial action plans which is to be executed by the respective regulatory authorities to limit the supply of substandard milk and other dairy products to the market.
- Interact with the respective authorities on a continual basis to establish ongoing remedial action plans.
- Filing of complaints is done as a result of quarterly reports, complaints and or special investigations. Facilitation is subsequently followed-up by means of requested feedback (formal) from the various government institutions and scheduled meetings.
- Interact with industry-related organisations such as Milk SA, SAMPRO, MPO, Consumer Goods Council of South Africa, South African National Consumer Union and other organisations regarding dairy-related issues, in terms of the DSA objectives.